Sunday, May 3, 2009

Funny conversation

On our way home today from church we had quite the conversation with the girls.  Brooke said, "Why is it called a sleepover when you're supposed to stay awake?"  I replied yea they should call it a wake-over.  That got Mike laughing.  Anyhow Brooke started to ask if she could have a sleepover and I said, "Let's wait until we get to Utah and then we can have a slumber party at our new house."  Of course she was excited about this.  Then I said we could have the party downstairs and everyone could sleep in a sleeping bag.  This got the juices flowing and she and Ashley were in the back saying, "We'll do make up and paint our nails and eat m & m's and have a pillow fight."  Ashley said, "and we can play Star Wars and I'll be Luke."  Brooke said, "We'll all have to be Princess Leah because we are all girls."  Ashley said, "but I want to be Luke."  Anyhow Mike and I were laughing so hard because they were throwing out all these fun ideas.  It will be fun to have some space to do some of these things that the girls have only heard of.  

2 comments:

Krista said...

So when are you moving? I'm so excited! I know, it's this month, but wasn't sure exactly when. Let me know & I can help with anything!

Teeps Peeps said...

I'm glad to see some more star wars fans out there! That is hilarious how different your girls are! One princess and one tomboy! So cute! Okay, so Tyson and I have decided that you guys HAVE to stay with us on your way to Utah. Since you guys won't be there when we planned to go in June, we decided to take a later vacation to Boston in July instead. It works out better. Anyway, please, please consider it!! Rochester is right on I-90 and, oh my goodness, would we be thrilled if you stopped in. It would be one night you didn't have to pay for a hotel and food! Think about it? Talk soon. Love ya.