Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas

I love Christmas time.  It is a wonderful time of year.  A time to enjoy family and reflecting on all that has happened during the year.  Since we are a dysfunctional family Christmas cards were never sent and so I thought that this would be a good opportunity to update everyone on the happenings in the Giles Family.  

Mike has been busy this year!!!  He quit his job and decided to go back to school to learn more about the LAW of all things.  He is earning his LLM in taxation at BU School of Law.  Basically he is specializing in tax law.  That is the best I can explain it.  He is really enjoying being back in school and he is doing a great job.  He does his best to juggle family and school.   

Carol has been teaching a lot this year.  She has taken the kids many miles to do so.  At times she wonders if it is worth it.  She would like to take lessons again and after Mike is done with school she will find a teacher so she can take lessons again.  She convinced Mike to run a half marathon with her in May so they are both training for it.  She is very excited about this because for the last 9 1/2 years of marriage she has been trying to convince him that running is fun.  Maybe this race will help him to realize how much fun it can be.

Brooke loves school.  She has an awesome teacher I have so much respect and admiration for. Brooke still loves singing and dancing.  She is a good example to those around her and she tries so hard to be good.  Her favorite food is Pasta.  She loves her siblings and is often found entertaining them.  Brooke loves church and often asks questions on how she can strengthen her testimony.  She is such a good example to me.  

Ashley has been doing Joy School and loves it.  She is a busy body and the only time you'll see her sitting still is when she is asleep.  She is learning that having a younger sibling can be fun. She is my big helper during the day.  She'll often grab the phone for me during the day when I'm busy with Max.  She really keeps us on our toes.  Ashley is my chocaholic and often asks to have chocolate chips for breakfast!!  When did I let this happen?  

Max has been so much fun.  We have had a blast getting to know this little person.  He is such and affectionate little boy.  Every morning when I get him out of bed he gives me a hug.  He is always so happy and laughs when his sisters play with him.  He loves to play the piano and I often put him in his seat next to it and let him play it while I try to get things accomplished around the house.  

As a family we are constantly trying to help each other be happy and successful.  We love spending time together and playing games.  We are all a little house hungry, but we are happy that we have a big apartment and understanding neighbors.   

We love you all and wish you the happiest New Year.

Love,
The Giles

1 comment:

Teeps Peeps said...

Thanks for the updates friends! We love your dysfunctional family! I can't belive how beautiful all of your children are! Actually I can believe it since they have such handsome parents! Happy 2009!